2. Ethnobotany, Phytochemistry, Pharmacology and Clinical Studies: Multidisciplinary approaches. Improving the standard of clinical trials
Questions to discuss:
- What have been the primary hindrances to good-quality clinical trials in the past, and what is changing?
- How do economic and political factors, and the public reception of Asian medicine, impact on clinical trials?
- Who have been the primary avenues for major studies?
- How are they funded? Can IASTAM enhance communication across practitioner trial networks?
- How can clinicians produce or participate in better trials, and can the space of the conference provide a network for better collaboration between scientific research organisations and clinical practitioners in such trials?